Tuesday, April 26, 2011

HCU Means "Real-World Ministry"

HCU Means "Real-World Ministry"

Written by Heather Murphy

The following post appeared on HCU student Heather Murphy's facebook page unsolicited. She graciously granted permission to re-post here.


I have an assignment in one of my classes where I’m required to take what I learned this semester and turn that material into a quarter-long class for church. Because I teach young children, I was granted permission to incorporate crafts, songs, games, and other age-appropriate media.

This assignment has been so practical and so much fun! What I’ve learned in class has not only benefited my own understanding of Scripture, but I have been able to utilize that knowledge to benefit others.

One great thing about Heritage Christian University is that it truly focuses on REAL-WORLD MINISTRY. We not only participate in a campaign each semester and Christian service each week, but homework assignments focus on ministry. A big thanks to HCU for giving me exactly what you said you would!

No comments:

Post a Comment